Saturday, October 20, 2007

My first week as a writer (at last!)

It's been two weeks since i last posted here. You see, i've been busy.

The last thing i remembered doing immediately after my last blog was to send my application documents to several "writers needed" posted on the internet. An example is "Writing for AlldivaMedia.com" Three days after that, I received responses from three "affiliates" stating their interest in having me as a writer.

After a brief exchange of queries and answers, one immediately sent me 2 research writing projects, another sent me 10! Another was requiring me to work full time to come up with an average of 15-20 articles per day...15-20 articles per day!

I could just not describe the feeling, except: "Wow!"

So, I started writing. Professionally. "Wow!"

What transpired afterwards was like a whirlwind of sorts. It was almost a drowning experience. Have you had a beautiful dream, except that it's bordering on becoming a nightmare? You see, I have been living the relaxed life of a retiree (see Working at Home). And now...the volume of work, and the deadlines...

It's not the writing experience that I expected. It was more than that. It's an entirely another level of writing. Within the first week, I have to give up the research writing job, and declined the full-time 15-20 articles per day (after two days of non-stop writing, i decided i have to be superhuman to do that--but others can!?!). I decided to just focus on one affiliate who seems nice and helpful, especially for a beginner like me. (Boss, if you're reading this....)

Now, it's my 8th day as a real-life, flesh-and-blood, true-blue website content writer. And I've written and submitted 40 articles to my (nice) boss. This does not include the research works i submitted to another outfit before i called it quits. Not bad for a start, huh.

After what seemed like an eternity of pounding on the keyboard, 3-hour sleep per day (and it's not all "writing time"--those sleepless episodes are mostly spent on being stressed-out and forcing myself to write) this is the first time i am enjoying a day-off, and I am celebrating this 8th day by coming back here to update. (See, i posted thre new ones already)

No comments: